In 1953, Mark Krumenauer, with a loan of $2,000.00, started Krumenauer Co.,Inc. The company consisted of Mark, sales and delivery man, and his wife Ruth, secretary and bookkeeper. It took a lot of courage for Mark, at 42, with 3 children and another on the way to quit his job and start this adventure. The original “store” consisted of shelving in the garage and basement of their home for storage of inventory.
Shortly a larger store with a showroom was needed. Mark rented a building on Jackson Street, bought a used truck for deliveries, and hired a full time secretary. This allowed Ruth to go back to being a full time mom which she loved.
Again with the continued growth of the business another larger building was needed. Mark purchased a building on Commerce Street in 1959 and hired a full time warehouse and delivery man.
In 1967 Mark was approached about selling his building to make room for what became part of the Park Plaza mall in downtown Oshkosh. Instead of selling the building outright a new building was built to Mark’s plans at the current location on North Koeller Street and the buildings were traded.
In 1973 Mark sold the business to his son Pete. Pete had stared working for the company in 1963 learning all parts of the business from the bottom up. After 48 years at the company Peter decided to sell the business to his son Chris in 2011. Chris has 20+ years with the company and has learned the business from delivering, warehouse work, sales, etc, just like his grandfather and father before.
We are proud to say that after 50+ years and the start of the 3rd generation of ownership the company continues to grow and be a partner with our many loyal customers. Customer service and a friendly smile are an important part of what we are and will continue to be in the future.